Ride With The Experts
Ride with the Experts Program is in its 9th year at the 2018 Rocky Mountain Horse Expo!
When completing the Clinician Abstract Entry Form, one question asks you “Does Your Presentation Allow for Participation in our “Ride with the Experts” program?” This question is to identify whether your presentation allows for paid attendees (and their horse) to ride along with you, thus allowing the attendee to put your teachings into practice on-the-spot with their own horse. If your presentation allows for the RWTE program, the Abstract will ask you further questions as to how many participants you can take per session, as well as specifications for the type of horse/rider you are looking for.
The Ride with the Experts program is designed for Expo attendees to bring their own horse and actually “ride” with the clinician during their presentation. This opportunity gives you hands-on experience with your own horse to put the teachings of the clinician to the test.
There are two rate options for participants:
(Pricing to be determined for 2018…)
Option 1 – Daily Rate
Option 2 – Package Rate
If you would like to “Ride with the Experts,” just take the following steps:
- When available, fill out a 2018 Ride With the Expert Participant Contract, found on the Exhibitor Forms & Info page. List your three clinician preferences, and the RMHE will forward your information to the clinician(s) in order of preference, for them to determine whether it’s a match between their program and your skills and goals. If your first choice doesn’t work out, then the RMHE will contact your second, etc.
- Full payment is expected at the time of submitting the contract.
- NO proof of liability insurance is needed; however, it is in your best interest to be covered. If you don’t have this coverage from another source, it’s included in your current Colorado Horse Council individual/family membership or available for purchase from us. Not a member yet? Time to join – click here.
- Take note to follow all the requirements for health papers detailed on the contract; papers will be checked at the gate before your horse is admitted onto the National Western grounds.
- You must be at least 16 yrs old to participate. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign the application along with you.
- All riders (and parent/guardian if appropriate) must sign RMHE liability releases before riding.