Fun For Everyone in the Family at the Expo
2017 Scouting and Youth Program
Date: Friday, March 10, from 1-4 p.m.: Saturday, March 11, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.: Sunday, March 12, from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
National Western Stock show Complex
Join us for hands-on horse activities and horseback riding at the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo (RMHE). Rotate through stations to earn the Crazy ‘Bout Horses Patch and/or complete requirements for the Scouting Horseback Riding Badge. Take home a fun, fact filled horse workbook plus handouts and giveaways from the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo. Registration includes admission into RMHE.
Earn the Crazy ‘Bout Horses Patch by completing requirements at stations such as: safety around horses, equine behavior, tack and equipment, veterinary care, horse breeds, grooming and horseback riding. Some of these stations will also fulfill requirements for the Horseback Riding Badge. After earning your patch, explore the many other activities at the Expo (www.rockymountainhorseexpo.com) including the “Mane Event”, a magical evening performance with nearly 100 horses dancing, spinning, leaping and showing us what remarkable creatures they are, along with many more family friendly activities.
Registration: $40 for the Crazy ‘Bout Horses Patch and/or Scouting Horseback Riding Badge, admission into RMHE for 1 youth and 1 adult, and 2 tickets to the Mane Event. To buy additional discounted admission and performance tickets to the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo CLICK HERE,
Here is What You'll be Doing
Stations - Equine Experience Trade Show Floor
1. Veterinary care and horse health - learn more about equine health and what a veterinarian does on their job. (hands-on activities?)
2. Horse behavior and rider safety - how can you tell when a horse is happy or mad? Do you always have to ride with boots and a helmet? Learn how you can safely work around and ride horses. (hands-on activities?).
3.Vaulting - Learn Balance and Riding Skills
4. Horse anatomy - Light up board
5. Tack and equipment - learn about different saddles, bridles, harnesses and other equipment that horses wear to pull a cart, haul equipment up a mountain, jump a fence and rope a steer.
6. Farrier - why do horses wear horse shoes? Learn what it takes to mold a straight bar of steel into a real horse shoe and how to nail it to a horse’s hoof.
Stations - Equine Experience Arena
1. Horseback riding - ride a real horse in an enclosed arena.
2. Grooming - brush, curry and put your own shine on a furry horse who needs some tender loving care.
Other activities and Events
1. Horse breeds scavenger hunt - this scavenger hunt will take you around the Expo to learn about famous breeds of horses from around the world as well as horse feed and nutrition.
2. Equine Art in the Park -Gallery - tour the art gallery to view top horse and cowboy artists from across the United States.
The “Mane Event”
Finish the Day with a magical evening performance with nearly 100 horses dancing, spinning, leaping and showing us what remarkable creatures they are, along with many more family friendly activities. Buy your tickets at the registration table.
Time to Register
To register for the Scouting Program, please complete the information below.
Also, please print the Rider Release form. Complete it and turn it in to your Scout Leader.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2016 Rocky Mountain Horse Expo!