Cowboy Dressage World of Colorado
Nonny has been a trainer, coach, and judge since 1987. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from the University of Nevada, Reno and she was the coach at the University of California, Chico from 1990-1992. She is a Cowboy Dressage Senior Recommended judge, a Level 3 clinician and trainer.
During her career, she has had the opportunity to work with many different breeds of horses. As a youth and amateur, she showed Arabians, Half Arabians and Quarter Horses. As a professional, she has coached many youth and amateur riders to AQHA All-Around Championships and shown many horses to Circuit and Regional Championships.
Nonny has been a judge for many different organizations, currently a Level 3 Cowboy Dressage Clinician, and a Senior Cowboy Dressage Judge. She is fair and knowledgeable and is always willing to help the exhibitors. She pursues continuing education frequently attending seminars and clinics.
Nonny believes in open lines of communication between the horse and rider and strives to help her students be successful so they can truly enjoy their equine partners .Her emphasis is on a balanced seat and using the legs and hands together to obtain a willing and trusting partnership.
- Ride a Cowboy Dressage TestHave you always wanted to try Cowboy Dressage, but you’re not ready to enter a show? Or are you a seasoned competitor, but want to boost your scores? In this clinic, you will pick a Cowboy Dressage test to ride and then receive personalized feedback from the judge. If time allows, you can then ride the test again to see your improvement.
Time: 1.5 hrs Skill: Everyone Location: Schedule
- Partnership on the GroundWorking with your horse on the ground can be a great way to establish connection and partnership that translates to the saddle. In this clinic, you will learn basic maneuvers for the Partnership on the Ground division in Cowboy Dressage and also learn about how you can progress to the Liberty division.
- Riding the Cowboy Dressage Challenge CourtThe Challenge Court is a unique component of Cowboy Dressage that teaches your horse to navigate ground poles and obstacles with relaxation and Soft Feel. In this session, you will learn how to ride the Challenge Court and practice maneuvers such as backing with bend, turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches, and broken arrow.
Time: 1.5hrs Skill: Everyone Location: Schedule
- Putting Together a Musical Freestyle ActDancing with your horse to music in front of a crowd can be a fun and exciting experience. But unless you’re a natural performer, it might be daunting to choose the right song for you and your horse, choreograph maneuvers, and select the perfect costume. In this clinic, you’ll learn the elements of a good musical freestyle act in Cowboy Dressage. Bring along some ideas and your favorite song to get individualized feedback!
Time: 2.5hrs Skill: Everyone Location: Schedule
- Mastering TurnsDo you want to learn how to nail your turns on horseback? Then this clinic is for you. You will work on executing proper turn maneuvers in Cowboy Dressage tests, such as turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches, and turn on the forehand-to-turn on the haunches.
- Smooth TransitionsEverybody wants smooth, effortless transitions, whether from walk to jog, jog to lope, or more advanced maneuvers such as stop or back to lope. But achieving smooth transitions with Soft Feel and relaxation requires practice and preparation. In this clinic, you will work at your and your horse’s own level to improve your gait transitions.
Time: 2hrs Skill: Everyone Location: Schedule