Ride With The Experts
Ride with the Experts Program is in its 9th year at the 2018 Rocky Mountain Horse Expo!
The Ride with the Experts program is designed for Expo attendees to bring their own horse and actually “ride” with the clinician during their presentation. This opportunity gives you hands-on experience with your own horse to put the teachings of the clinician to the test.
There are two rate options for participants:
Option 1 – Daily Rate
$60 per Clinician session, PLUS a required Day Stall cost of $50 (no overnight in stall). Includes a shared tack stall. If you need/want your own tack stall, add $50 for another Day Stall.
Option 2 – Weekend Package Rate
$275 per package. Package includes 1 stall for 3 days/2 nights (Fri-Sun), 1 shared tack and 3 ride sessions with participating Clinicians of your choice (pending session availability). If you need/want your own tack stall, add $50/day for another stall.
How to sign up for RWTE:
If you would like to “Ride with the Experts,” just take the following steps:
- Complete a 2018 Ride With the Expert Participant Contract, found on the Exhibitor Forms & Info page. List your three clinician preferences, and the RMHE will forward your information to the clinician(s) in order of preference, for them to determine whether it’s a match between their program and your skills and goals. If your first choice doesn’t work out, then the RMHE will contact your second, etc.
- Full payment is expected at the time of submitting the contract.
- NO proof of liability insurance is needed; however, it is in your best interest to be covered. If you don’t have this coverage from another source, it’s included in your current Colorado Horse Council individual/family membership or available for purchase from us. Not a member yet? Time to join – click here.
- Take note to follow all the requirements for health papers detailed on the contract; papers will be checked at the gate before your horse is admitted onto the National Western grounds.
- You must be at least 16 yrs old to participate. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign the application along with you.
- All riders (and parent/guardian if appropriate) must sign RMHE liability releases before riding. Waivers are available at the Barn Office when you check in. If you’d like to print and sign it ahead of time and bring it with you to the Expo, you’ll find it on the Exhibitor Forms & Info page.
Go to the Event Schedules page.
Click on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday daily schedule button.
When the schedule appears, look for the acronym “(RWTE)” printed at the end of a clinician’s time/topic. (See example schedule image at right.) This acronym indicates this session is part of the Ride With the Experts program. If no acronym is present for a topic, then that session is not a session you can sign up for.
Example: In the image shown at the right, Cody Harrison’s session at 9:30am and Larry Whitesell’s session at 10:30am are each RWTE sessions. Gladius’ and Erin Long’s sessions are not part of the RWTE program.
When completing the Clinician Abstract Entry Form, one question asks you “Does Your Presentation Allow for Participation in our “Ride with the Experts” program?” This question is to identify whether your presentation allows for paid attendees (and their horse) to ride along with you, thus allowing the attendee to put your teachings into practice on-the-spot with their own horse. If your presentation allows for the RWTE program, the Abstract will ask you further questions as to how many participants you can take per session, as well as specifications for the type of horse/rider you are looking for.